Quote
When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the
ticket and jump off, but you sit still and trust the Engineer!!
Thursday, March 24, 2011
What are your Expectations?
So I have been very sick since Tuesday. I have had a terrible headache and a fever which is no fun. I have layed around but that is starting to get annoying. I keep telling everyone that I got on Spring Break the easy way....everyone else's starts tomorrow but I got sick so I have already started my Spring Break!! Just not the way I would have liked to start it. But one of the best things that I did today was watch a S. M. Davis DVD. It was called Expectations. It was a great encouragement to me. He preached on how alot of times whether we are husbands or wives, brothers or sisters, church members or coworkers, we all have expectations. And many times when those expectations are not met, then there is alot of discouragement and anger or bitterness, because we didn't get what we wanted. He preached on the Shunamite woman that Elisha would often visit. She made a room for him to visit. She didn't expect to get anything in return, but she wanted to be a blessing and an encouragement for the man of God. The man of God asked her what he could do for her. I love her answer because she said, " I dwell among my own people." She was content with what she had. Many people today are not content with what they have. But we should always be content for the place and position that God gives us in life! Expectations ruin relationships. When we expect ppl to do things for us, we are discouraged and bitter when they don't act or do something for us. Our friendships and relationships are then ruined. He gave the quote that we should never endure our positions in life, but fall in love with them! I really liked that quote, because so many times it is easy for women to see that their lot in life is not always that exciting and easy, but God has a purpose for everyone and rather than look at all the negatives, we should fall in love with it. :) Anyways I enjoyed that DVD today!! It was such a great encouragement to me, and I hope it was to you as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment