Quote

When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the
ticket and jump off, but you sit still and trust the Engineer!!





Tuesday, May 24, 2011

If your Bible is not falling apart, you are....

Yesterday I went to work. Work is no fun, especially when I realized that I am not going to be working there all the time for the rest of my life. Its miserable, and thats how I have come to thank God so much for calling me into the ministry where I won't have to deal with fast food business anymore. After work, I decided to go for a drive, because I didn't want to waste my night away on the internet, I grabbed some books and my Bible and went for a drive., I wasn't sure where I would end, but I knew I needed to get some air. I turned on some music, and began talking to God. I didn't know what my place was in the future, but I wanted to make sure my relationship with GOd wasn't going to suffer. "God I don't know what your perfect will for my life is," I began, "but its all I want, I dont want your permissive will I want your best...." my voice trailed off and I began listening to the music I had put in....
I arrived at the beach in time to see the sun set. God has been so good in my life. I thought to myself. God created everything for our pleasure, and as I watched the sun set, I realized if God had a perfect design for even the sun, He must have a perfect design for my life. I opened up a book I was reading, it was entitled: Discover your Destiny. It was written by Cary Schmidt. He has written some amazing books! In this chapter he began describing how Christians can sometimes make the mistake that they were going to be a youth director or pastor's wife or choir director because God had "called them" to do that. Christians have to be so careful to check that they are doing those things because God wants them and not because they are doing that because they are selfish ambitions. It is hard to know what God really wants out of a person. It is best to put everything out of your life, and focus on what God really wants. If God has something planned for you, He will work it out! If its just a selfish ambition and God takes it away, its not His best for you and you would never have enjoyed it fully! When I understood this, it took my breath away. God's perfect will will be accomplished if our hearts are right. I want God's perfect will for my life, and so I must personally be willing to do whatever God wants for my life by taking all my ambitions and dreams and putting them aside, and watch God do His perfect will for my life!! With God all things are possible :) :)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

So true, Susie! God has been teaching me the same thing... we think we know what we want, and we get upset when God takes it away. If only we knew where what we think we want would take us! God knows best and we can trust Him implicitly! I'm SO thankful for that!