Quote

When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the
ticket and jump off, but you sit still and trust the Engineer!!





Friday, June 4, 2010

You Never Know What Your Day is Going to Be Like



Ya....ya..I know its a picture of my license, but you have to hear the story first!
Ok so it started out to be a wonderful day! I was heading to Busch Gardens with Debbie and Kirstein and some other wonderful people. But you know the verse that says, "Boast not thyself of tomorrow for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth,? Well I got to learn to apply that to my life today. (over and over again) We never know what our day is going to bring.
I woke up with great plans for the day. I took a shower, put on my makeup, put an updoo with my hair, and put on some culottes and a t-shirt! :) We were not supposed to leave until two-thirty, so I decided to go to the bank and Walmart. So I went into my room and got out my money to count it before heading to the bank(I'm a waitress so I always have 'ones' to count). I decided to clean out my purse too. While I was cleaning out my purse, I realized I didn't have something very important in my wallet. I checked and re-checked my wallet and then dumped everything out of my purse. I ran my hands through the paper wads and realized I was in huge trouble! My Driver's License was M-I-S-S-I-N-G!!
I rechecked through everything but could not find it. Finally I knew I had to get a new one. Soooooo I got my mother, informed her of the situation, and before long we were off to the Tax Collector's Office. When I went to get my ticket I showed her what I had and she told me that since I didnt have my Social Security card I had to have a W-2 form. So I went back with my mom to my house to get it. We got that and came back....finally after a thrity minute wait I got in line andwas informed that we were still missing a bill for my current address. By now I was sooo discourgaed and down in the dumps cause Debbie and Kirstein had just left. But my mom was a great encourager and she ran home got the last piece of "proof" and we came and after a twenty minute wait we were helped. The lady told us that the two pieces I had brough originally were enough proof. I was like,"really"?
Long story short- I misssed going out to BuschGardens cause I had to get another license. I was not a happy camper. I cried all the way home. But then I realized, my worst day as a Christian is nothing compared to an unbeliever's best day. God is GOOD!!

1 comment:

Ginger said...

Awww that stinks about you missing all the fun! But I'm glad you were able to get another license!!;)
Ginger~